Senior Manager, Operations Training
PenFed is hiring a Senior Manager, Operations Training in Papillion, Nebraska. The primary purpose of this job is to be responsible for driving the operational execution of PenFed’s technical training program to ensure the highest levels of performance and support a Best-in-Class member experience. This role will drive internal education to the highest levels of competency to increase member satisfaction and differentiate PenFed as a market leading financial institution. In addition, this role will be responsible for the creation of a skill based routing training program, and for facilitation, delivery, and assessment of the technical and sales training materials needed across the Operations division.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Design and implement a call center skill-based routing training curriculum to include initial training and a plan for continuing training as employees gain proficiency.
- Implement a training strategy that links entry level training to the operational needs of the entire Service Center Operations division (call center and Research). This includes development of training implementation plans and the deployment of appropriate training instructors.
- Facilitate the design of instructional materials.
- Work with call/service center managers and other departments to identify training trends and develop new programs.
- Build sales training requirements by studying business unit strategic plans and current sales results.
- Evaluate and report on training program(s) effectiveness and implement changes as needed.
- Design and develop interactive learning solutions that drive measurable business results and ensure that those solutions are instructionally sound and adhere to quality standards.
- Conduct comprehensive analysis to determine need, project scope and best training methodology to ensure that training fulfills the needs and objectives of the company.
- Design assessments to support defined learning objectives and create metrics to evaluate effectiveness of training courses.
- Facilitate live and online training programs, including new hire, peer and need-specific training.
- Manage new product rollouts and refresher training.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Organizational Development) is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional classroom facilitation experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of curriculum design and facilitation experience, preferably in a call center training environment. Must have experience with skill-based routing curriculum design.
- Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated success in utilizing various adult learning systems.
- Experience designing curriculum for a millennial population.
- Experience using Salesforce is preferred.
- Ability to work cordially, professionally, and diplomatically in a dynamic environment, with ongoing display of sound judgment in dealing with sensitive interpersonal and business matters.
- Strong public speaking skills with the ability to engage learners throughout trainings and learning opportunities.
- Ability to interpret a variety of documents such as technical data, operating instructions, and policy/procedure manuals.
- Strong planning, organization and time management skills with the ability to manage changing priorities, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and adapt to a changing business environment.
_6-10_ Est. Direct Staff / _6-10 Est. Full Staff
Licenses and Certifications
- There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 571-289-4710.