Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Senior Manager, Treasury. The primary purpose of this job is to perform mid-office operations to support PenFed’s derivatives trading and funding/liquidity requirements.
- Produce periodic performance reports of PenFed’s Investment and Derivatives programs, and perform necessary tasks, such as securities pricing, market value monitoring, FFIEC testing, derivatives valuations, etc. to facilitate completion of the reports.
- Review monthly hedge accounting entries/supporting documents, monitor effectiveness testing results as well as outstanding balances of hedged items.
- Perform periodic credit analysis on risky assets in the investment portfolio and derivatives counterparties, including both independent internal reviews and credit rating monitoring.
- Provide economic reviews and produce weekly capital market dashboard.
- Conduct research to support the Treasury team in analyzing investment and secondary market trading opportunities.
- Liaise with PenFed’s insurance broker to manage the ongoing operation of Charitable Donation Account (CDA) and Credit Union Life Insurance Program (COLI), and to perform necessary tasks to maintain compliance with regulations and internal policies.
- Identify and implement tasks required to ensure operational compliance with internal Policies & Procedures and board policies for Investment portfolio and Derivatives program.
- Support Deputy Treasurer in providing data and reports for internal and external audits/examinations.
- Support Deputy Treasurer in identifying and implementing new liquidity sources.
- Support Deputy Treasurer in implementing new projects such as Libor migration.
- Liaise with Vendor Management to ensure renewals/terminations of NDAs and other treasury-related agreements.
- Identify, review and onboard new technologies to support capital market operations, such as secured transmission portal and portfolio analytical tools, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, economics, finance, statistics or related field required. Master’s Degree in accounting, economics, finance, statistics or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in a financial services organization is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of direct management experience is required.
This role will not directly supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.