- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Finance, or related field
- Minimum of nine (9) years of diversified experience in all facets of supply chain management to include at least of five (5) years of supervisory management and five (5) years in warehousing and logistics environment.
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations.
The Senior Manager, Supply Chain Warehouse & Logistics manages the day-to-day operations of the Authority's 24 warehouses that support the Chief Operating Officer's departments. The incumbent plans, coordinates, directs, procures, implements and monitors all warehousing and logistics functions in accordance with the Supply Chain Management's strategic plan. The incumbent ensures that all existing business processes are functioning as intended or are re-engineered as required. The incumbent leads the implementation of robust Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and barcoding activities and prepares the distribution center for Vendor Management Inventory (VMI) programs.
- Provides overall direction, coordination and monitoring of warehousing and logistics functions within Supply Chain Warehousing and Logistics (SCWL) including, the development of standard operating procedures; identification, and enforcement of safety regulations within the warehouses; the implementation of programs to ensure the safety and optimal performance of the workforce, and the establishment of employee recognition programs.
- Evaluates maintenance work order and internal purchase order fulfillment performance at all locations to ensure the provision of proper and sufficient levels of parts supply inventory to allow maintenance to perform both planned and corrective maintenance activities for all transit equipment supported by SCWL. Provides ongoing input to the SCP&A team regarding inventory level adjustments so that product shortage issues will be properly addressed.
- Assists in the development and creation of a short, medium, and long-term warehousing strategy to meet our internal customers' needs, with the goal of people, process, and product improvements.
- Monitors warehouse and storeroom procedures for to ensure compliance with cycle counts policies, product expiration review and product policies (e.g., Fist in first out, FIFO). Ensures the availability of high quality of products are maintained for transit maintenance services.
- Investigates and performs root cause analysis of customer complaints or service issue and implements corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence. Provides responses and resolutions to department and/or individual personnel as required.
- Assumes Director SCWL delegated responsibilities, as needed, during conflicting meetings and/or during times when the Director is not available.
The essential duties listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Personal Interview
- Skills Assessments
- Verification of education and experience
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit history report for positions with fiduciary responsibilities
- Successful completion of a medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening
- Review of a current Motor Vehicle Report
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, a Federal contractor, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Our hiring process is designed to be accessible and free from discrimination.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job Descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.