We are looking for an experienced media executive who will lead all marketing and customer acquisition strategies for STIRR, a new national streaming service, and our emerging broadcast networks Comet, CHARGE! and TBD.
As the head of the department including creative services, this skilled Marketing strategist will develop the overall marketing campaigns of the group to grow both audiences and revenue for our emerging media brands. Responsibilities include media planning and success metrics for digital and in-app store, on-air promotions, public relations and creative campaigns. The successful executive will build internal relationships with our local broadcast TV station and Regional Sports Network teams for cross promotion on television and work with key external partners to maximize the use of digital marketing opportunities for app downloads and audience acquisition.
As a key member of the leadership team, this media savvy, highly motivated and focused leader has direct experience in streaming and other new TV distribution platforms as well as an understanding of more traditional TV platforms. They must possess excellent interpersonal, leadership and work-flow management skills in order to effectively interact with other key departments as well as a diverse group of stakeholders on a regular basis. The candidate will be a self-starter who thrives in a data-driven, fast-paced, collaborative, results-driven and process-oriented environment.
- Protect, grow and enhance the group’s national media brands - building authentic and long- lasting relationships with current viewers while engaging a broader audience
- Develop key goals and craft specific strategies to achieve these goals
- Work closely with both the Programming and Scheduling and Advertising Sales departments as well as develop strong relationships with Sinclair’s corporate marketing team to achieve the group’s goals
- Ensure brand messages are strong and consistent across all marketing efforts
- Manage department budgets
- Understand viewing trends and develop audience personas
- Identify opportunities to reach new market segments and expand audience share
- Monitor competition and new developments in the space
- Support sales and marketing efforts to grow revenue
- Work experience as either the Head of Marketing or as the #2 executive in the department
- Experience running successful campaigns and working directly with digital platforms and app stores
- Experience working with media brands and in particular ones that are new or early in their development
- Experience working as an individual contributor as well as managing multi-functional marketing teams of varying size and experience
- Demonstrated success in brand strategy and marketing, and leadership
- Direct experience with streaming services and emerging TV platforms preferred
- Ability to influence, inspire, and motivate at all levels within an organization where varying opinions are the norm
- Excellent team player with ability to maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Highly motivated with sound business judgment
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and adapt to a fast-moving environment
About the National Networks and Platforms Group: Responsible for the business management and operations of Sinclair’s national broadcast TV networks Comet, Charge! and TBD as well as STIRR, the company’s new direct to consumer streaming service.
- STIRR is a free national streaming service with over 110 linear channels featuring live local news, fan favorite TV shows, movies, sports and lifestyle programming. Each week STIRR delivers 2400+ hours of live local news and 5000+ hours of on demand programming. The STIRR App has been downloaded over 4 million times and is available on Roku, Fire TV, tvOS, iOS and Android devices.
- Comet is a free broadcast TV network for passionate fans of SCIENCE FICTION. Featuring hit shows Battlestar Galactica, Quantum Leap, Stargate SG-1, Sliders, box office hits and other cult classic films. The network is available nationwide through local broadcast TV affiliates and cable operators, YouTube TV, Dish, Sling, Fubo and STIRR.
- Charge! is a free broadcast TV network for fans of everything ACTION. Targeting male fans but appealing to female viewers as well, the network features hit shows like Knight Rider, Magnum PI, Walker Texas Ranger, CHiPs, box office hits and cult classics films. The network is available through local broadcat TV affiliates including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and 42 of the Top 50 DMAs in the country.
- TBD is a free broadcast TV network for fans of unique and undiscovered Web content and voices. The network’s tag line is “TBdiscovered, see for yourself“ and features original weekly show The Link as well as The Lab with CRH, Life on the Edge and DevinSuperTramp. TBD is available nationwide include New York, Los Angeles and Chicago and 47 of the top 50 DMAs.
About Sinclair Broadcast Group: Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team! The life blood of our organization is our people.
We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!