What Product or Services Marketing contributes to Cardinal Health
At Cardinal Health, the marketing organization is the central hub of business driving activity. Marketing analyzes customer behavior to understand their needs, and motivations, broadly defines and communicates the brand purpose and passionately delivers total solutions for our customers.
Product Marketing applies the full range of marketing disciplines to drive integrated commercial marketing plans that result in customer acquisition, loyalty, sales growth and improved profitability.
- Exhibits an ability to translate market and customer needs into clearly defined goals, objectives, strategies, and tactics to drive sales & profitability for the business. Accountable for gaining and driving cross functional support from all stakeholders
- Identifies and remains current on market trends. Determines product/service lifecycle implications and makes recommendations to maintain market competitiveness and to achieve sustainable economic success.
- Understands methods available to execute primary research (VOC) that are necessary to drive portfolio/ product decisions. Can identify market opportunities through VOC/secondary research and takes action by implementing and managing solutions
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of marketing disciplines and concepts necessary for building a business & marketing plan. This includes identifying the appropriate channels to market. Has the ability to understand market trends and competitive positioning
- Assesses the landscape and leverages segmentation to focus sales and marketing efforts on the best audiences and opportunities
- Demonstrates strong financial acumen and logical decision making in the general business environment. Understands and can demonstrate sound thought processes as it relates to pricing, deal structure and assessing financial implications
- Works effectively across cross functional groups including but not limited to IT, communications, operations, and sales.
We are seeking a Services Marketing, Senior Manager for a fast-growing business, Cardinal Health - OptiFreight Logistics. This full-service freight management program helps our customers manage their shipping and logistics so they can focus on what matters most - their patients.
This marketing leader will be a member of the OptiFreight marketing team in our Medical Solutions business unit. This role will be charged with leading the marketing strategy and execution for our largest core business - the acute channel.
- Develops and executes marketing strategies to retain and grow our business in the acute channel
- Marketing expert on the landscape, market trends, competitive analysis and defense for this channel
- Creates materials to support sales enablement and training
- Creates marketing campaigns inclusive of digital activities, thought leadership, and partnership marketing
- Conducts research, visit customers, and stay closely aligned with sales to gain a deep understanding of market dynamics and customer needs.
- Be the voice-of-the-customer to the business to inform solution development and operational execution of service offering
- Lead value proposition, articulation, and messaging
- Bachelors degree in related field required
- 8+ years experience in Marketing preferred
- Digital Marketing experience preferred
- Downstream Marketing desired
- Knowledge in Acute hospital channels preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, front line supervisors and/or business support staff
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels may interact with senior management
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.