Sinclair is looking for a Senior Media Buyer! This person will purchase media schedules in non-Sinclair markets to complete full Network footprint and manage and monitor all aspects of buyer station relationships.
- Evaluate Local Nielsen ratings and impressions to develop estimates
- Negotiate for best rates and guaranteed delivery across multiple markets
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with stations and their representatives
- Supervise and monitor schedules to ensure weekly clearances and deliveries
- Post out media schedules and secure owed weight for any under delivery
- Reconcile all station invoices
- Become an expert in assigned markets, providing insight to marketplace conditions and opportunities
- Provide guidance to junior level staff
- Attend necessary Media Events to gain insight and grow relationships
- Minimum 10 years of media buying experience in Broadcast and/or Unwired Media
- Working knowledge of Nielsen and local TV ratings
- Market knowledge and strong vendor relationships
- Excellent negotiating and organization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.