What Contract and Billing contributes to Cardinal Health
Contracts and Billing is responsible for finance related activities such as customer and vendor contract administration, customer and vendor pricing, rebates, billing (including drop-ships), processing chargebacks and vendor invoices, developing and negotiating customer and group purchasing contracts.
- Demonstrates knowledge of financial processes, systems, controls, and work streams.
- Demonstrates experience working collaboratively in a finance environment coupled with strong internal controls.
- Possesses understanding of service level goals and objectives when providing customer support.
- Demonstrates ability to respond to non-standard requests from vendors and customers.
- Possesses strong organizational skills and prioritizes getting the right things done.
- Achieve and Exceed Daily Productivity Goals
- Communication with Customers, Physician Offices and Insurance Companies
- Navigate Internal and External Systems and Websites
- Ability to work in a Fast-Paced, Performance-Based Environment
- Analyze customer accounts. Including but not limited to: Quotes of Coverage, Prescription and Insurance limits, Prior Authorizations and Contracted Pricing
- Reviewing accounts receivables: Denials, Patient balances, Limits, Insurance payments and Customer Payment Responsibilities
- Submitting and following up for Prior Authorizations based on insurance plan guidelines
- Delegating and distributing workflow to corresponding teams when needed
- High attention to detail
- HS Diploma, GED, or technical certification in related field or equivalent experience preferred
- 3+ years experience in related field preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Effectively applies knowledge of job and company policies and procedures to complete a variety of assignments
- In-depth knowledge in technical or specialty area
- Applies advanced skills to resolve complex problems independently
- May modify process to resolve situations
- Works independently within established procedures; may receive general guidance on new assignments
- May provide general guidance or technical assistance to less experienced team members
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.