As Senior Network Engineer, you will join a solid team that supports a large and growing multi-location, infrastructure. The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for project leadership and a technical capacity for the design/engineering, operation, security and maintenance of the enterprise LAN/WAN/MAN/WLAN network.
This position involves occasional travel to other Tower Health hospitals and an on call rotation.
Your contributions will include:
- Day-to-day and long-term analysis and support for routers, switches, wireless, firewalls, VPN concentrators, intrusion detection systems, proxy servers and other network equipment.
- Network design, installation, and maintenance with a focus on optimal performance, reliability, timeliness and minimal user disruption.
- Working closely with others within Network Infrastructure and providing third-tier technical support to various departments and users with regard to the network and/or security infrastructure.
- Having a holistic understanding of IT operations within an organization both from an IT and non-IT perspective.
- Serving as a liaison with vendors and other third party providers.
- Assisting management with budgeting and planning.
- Maintaining awareness of new/alternate technologies and presenting those of potential value to management for consideration.
- Assuming responsibility for group management if Network Manager is not available and so delegated by the Network Manager.
- Provide guidance and instruction to network technicians relating to technical issues/disciplines.
Education: High school diploma/GED required. Associate’s degree in IT Networking preferred.
Certifications: CCNP or CCNA a plus
- 4-5 Years of IT LAN/WAN/MAN networking experience including routing, switching, and firewalls.
- Experience with designing and supporting the network in a large, multi-location environment.
- Experience with Cisco equipment required.
- Understanding of the OSI model, TCP/IP protocols, client/server designs, routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP), LAN technologies, WAN technologies, Internet, VLANs, DNS/DHCP, VPNs, NAT (network address translation), IP telephony, and firewalls.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to communicate complex technical items through all levels of IT.
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Possess problem solving skills, including conceptual and analytical thinking, to research technical issues and develop solutions.
- Strong attention to detail.