Reading Hospital is currently seeking a Senior Nursing Director for Critical Care/Intermediate Care Units. The Senior Director is a key member of the Nursing Leadership team and is responsible for the delivery of high quality patient care that promotes the safety and wellbeing of all patients within the division to ensure a positive patient experience. The Director plans, directs, coordinates, and evaluates the overall clinical nursing practice and administrative activities in support of our Magnet achievements. The Director also maintains open communication with all staff, peers and physicians to promote performance improvement and consistency of care across the continuum.
The Senior Director reports to the Senior Vice President/Chief Nursing Officer. Reading Hospital is a not-for-profit healthcare system that provides comprehensive acute care, post-acute rehabilitation, behavioral health, and occupational health services to the people of Berks and adjoining counties. Established as The Reading Dispensary in 1867, the health system has since expanded into a leader in tertiary care for this region of Pennsylvania. Located in scenic Berks County, the main West Reading facility consists of a 22-building complex located on a 36-acre suburban campus.
The ideal candidate for this leadership role will be a Nursing leader who has a strong commitment to creating and maintaining an environment focused on the patient experience; experience creating and leading high performing teams as well as influencing and managing change.
To qualify for this challenging leadership opportunity, candidates must have the following:
- Master's degree in Nursing
- Strong experience as a Nursing leader
- Strong project management experience that includes leading projects from inception to completion
- Demonstrated commitment and focus to patients and their families
- Experience with shared governance and change management
- Experience in a clinically integrated organization preferred
- Involvement on a National level in a Professional Organization preferred
- Experience working in a Magnet facility as a leader within Nursing preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with people at varying levels across the organization to achieve key objectives
- Experience creating and developing high performing teams with the ability to create a vision that inspires others to embrace and adopt the vision into their daily practice
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage competing priorities in a high sense of urgency environment
- Excellent role model for our nursing and administrative practice models
- Strong knowledge of nursing practice standards and administrative standards of practice
- ANCC - either clinical specialty or administrative certification
- PA Nursing License