What Nuclear Manufacturing contributes to Cardinal Health
Nuclear Manufacturing is responsible for the manufacturing of time sensitive radiopharmaceuticals in an integrity driven, highly regulated environment (i.e. FDA, NRC, DOT) to support patient treatment through disease diagnosis, staging, and monitoring.
What a Sr. Tech Nuclear Manufacturing contributes to Cardinal Health
Key driver for all aspects of manufacturing process. Operates automatic and manual manufacturing and chemical process equipment including robotics of varying complexity in various production processes in accordance with operating procedures. Prepares for production by reviewing production schedule; studying and clarifying specifications; calculating requirements; assembling and weighing materials and supplies.
- Performs standard operating procedures to meet current good manufacturing practices (cGMP).
- Performs a variety of tasks related to the processing of ingredients and/or pharmaceutical products. This may include bulk drug substance manufacturing, parenteral filling, use of isolator equipment, manual and automatic inspection, labeling, packaging, component receipt and verification, and scheduled area sanitization.
- Handles raw materials and intermediate or finished products.
- Mixes chemical compound ingredients and fills parenteral vials for further processing so formulation/filling experience is desired.
- Performs general maintenance as required on various pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment.
- Trains new employees using the manufacturing training curriculum and OPQ (Observe, Practice, Qualify) forms)
- Acts as a leader when supervisor is not present in manufacturing areas
- Communicates effectively with other departments concerning maintenance activities, QC requirements, engineering needs/activities, and validation activities
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Models the characteristics outlined in the Cardinal Health Leadership Essentials- Operations and Manufacturing.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the organizations mission, vision and values supporting organizational decisions and behaviors. Contributes to the development and implementation of systems and processes ensuring strategic goal attainment.
- Works as part of a team with others and shows respect and values diversity toward others.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities as outlined in Cardinal Health Leadership Essentials
- Demonstrates efforts to discovering, meeting and advocating for the customer’s needs.
- Takes actions to continually improve quality and safety in daily work. Actively participates in improving work processes to meet and exceed expectations. Identifies opportunities for improvement based on process observations, outcome measures, and feedback.
- Reports errors in a timely and appropriate manner. Takes initiative and is accountable for areas of responsibility meeting regulatory requirements including but not limited to maintaining required trainings as appropriate to position requirements.
- Ensure investigations regarding production non-conformances are done in a timely manner; in collaboration with production management and QA.
- The ability to act calmly and patiently when working under pressure and/conditions of stress. Maintains integrity, composure, communicates with honesty, transparency, clarity and promotes alternative perspectives.
- High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor’s degree in a scientific, technical, or business discipline or equivalent work experience, preferred
- 3-5 years related work experience and/or training preferred
- Possess an understanding of cGMP/compliance requirements for pharmaceutical products.
Physical/ Mental Requirements
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use palm to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to see fine particulate and differentiate colors.
- Employee may be required to stand for a lengthy period of time without the ability to sit.
- Employee may be required to sit for a lengthy period of time without the ability to stand.
- Employee may be required to perform repetitive movements with hands, arms, and feet.
The primary work environment consists of a professional office and production environment within a radiopharmaceutical manufacturing facility. The facility is operated under well-controlled and closely monitored conditions that are regulated by both State and Federal agencies, and that are enforced by the corporate internal quality and regulatory groups. Each staff member will receive specific training in keeping radiation exposures within regulatory guidelines and he/she will be routinely monitored for their exposure to radiation. Noise levels are considered low to moderate.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies knowledge and company policies to complete a variety of tasks
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of jobs outside area of responsibility
- maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult requiring judgment in resolving issues
- May assist in recommendation of processes on new assignments
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works with limited supervision. Work occasionally involves review of output by work lead or supervisor
- May provide general guidance or technical assistance to less experienced team members
- Lead by example. Lead and guide other IPL/Packaging Technicians regarding all aspects of production. This includes daily activities for preparedness for production, batch execution, batch reconciliation, training, and communication with other departments.
- The Sr. Tech may give instruction to the manufacturing technicians in absence of supervisor or manager on the line. Any disciplinary actions for manufacturing technicians will be solely handled by supervisor or manager.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.