Senior Paralegal - REMOTE opportunity if live outside of NY/NJ
Quest Diagnostics is seeking a Senior Corporate Paralegal to work as part of our in-house legal team. This position will work directly with Quest Diagnostics attorneys to assist with and manage a variety of tasks, projects and processes. We’re looking for an experienced paralegal that brings excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, a strong work ethic and great business sense.
Main functions/Job Requirements:
• Provide pre-litigation and litigation support to internal clients of the Company, including management of patient complaints, claims and lawsuits.
• Proactively work with in-house attorneys and outside counsel on professional liability cases, commercial and employment matters, government subpoenas and investigations and assigned special projects.
• Coordinate responses to subpoenas and requests for records. Negotiate with attorneys and other external parties on routine matters.
• Have strong working knowledge of technologies related to the paralegal role.
• Independently manage projects and only require attorney supervision on complex matters.
• Independently work with outside counsel on more complex litigation matters.
• Be able to spot legal issues and identify areas of risk to the Company.
• Perform legal research.
• Be able to edit briefs, pleadings and other documents.
• Have strong writing skills.
Minimum of ten years prior litigation experience with either a law firm or in-house corporate legal department.