We are seeking a Pharmacy Benefits Senior Consultant who can bring inspirational and influential leadership to our pharmacy benefits consulting practice within a privately-owned, growth-oriented professional services firm. The Senior Consultant will step immediately into a critical role that includes directly consulting with clients and being an integral part of a business that is undergoing progressive expansion.
If you possess a pharmacy benefits consulting acumen and are intellectually curious, innovative, strategic, capable of influencing change, achievement-oriented and looking for a highly visible opportunity involving collaboration with the senior leadership team to drive the direction and success of the team, then Segal may be that next big challenge for you and26hellip;if so, we should talk.
How will you provide trusted advice that improves lives?
- Perform as the lead on client assignments and manage PBM-related client projects and service delivery initiatives (e.g., proposals, audits, negotiations, contract reviews, etc.).
- Provide technical review and analysis of PBM data, contracts, financial arrangements and PBM program effectiveness.
- Design and deliver creative pharmacy benefit client solutions and plan designs.
- Mentor health analysts on PBM services and concepts.
- Create tools and approaches to quality assure and measure the effectiveness of PBM and Healthcare company cost and utilization management programs and clinical services.
- Develop innovative techniques, tools, services to enhance value to our clients and Segal.
So, What Does it Take?
- A minimum of 10 - 12 years of experience preferably within a PBM and/or benefits consulting environment providing technical review and analysis of PBM data, contracts, financial arrangements and PBM program effectiveness.
- In-depth knowledge of PBM providers, products, services, financial, data reporting, contracting and negotiating elements and processes.
- PharmD or Bachelor26rsquo;s degree in business, science, mathematics or a related discipline.
- Graduate degree in a related discipline is preferred. Pharmacist preferred.
- Strong technical/analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated project management abilities.
- Self-starter with excellent communication and negotiation skills and demonstrated experience handling multiple projects and assignments in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Why Join Us?
- We26rsquo;ve been around for 80 years, providing employee benefits and human resources consulting to multiemployer benefit funds, corporations and public sector entities.
- We are independent, private and employee-owned firm that is strategically agile as a business offering consulting advice that is unbiased and highly trusted by our clients.
- We are the right size26hellip;big enough to compete and succeed and26hellip;small enough to feel like you26rsquo;re part of something special where your contributions are important because26hellip;they are.
- We offer a competitive pay and benefit package that includes an attractive cash balance and matching 401(k) pension plans.
We Are All About Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Segal:
We are committed to a culture of diversity, equity and inclusiveness and demonstrated this through our recruitment, retention, employee nurturing and development programs. We get that maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce is a win/win, and provides Segal with the opportunity to leverage our top talent to provide innovative solutions to our clients.