Challenge can often be its own reward. But why settle for just being challenged when you can also be nurtured, mentored and supported in building an impact and fast paced career? With UnitedHealth Group you can have all of the above, everyday. Here at OptumRX, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we've earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. And here's where you come in. As a Senior Pharmacy Technician, you'll be responsible for answering incoming calls/completing outbound calls to / from patients, physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximizing productivity. Along the way, you'll discover the training, support and career opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
- Prepare and compound infusion medications
- Use aseptic techniques
- Staging medications for compounding
- Process refills
- Call patients to assess and order refills
- Ordering medications and supplies from vendors
- Inventory of pharmacy (drugs and supplies)
- Coordinate with doctor offices regarding patient refills when necessary
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma / GED (or higher)
- Texas State Pharmacy Tech License and Texas State Sterile Compounding IV Certification
- 2+ years of IV compounding experience
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system application
- Ability to work a flexible shift between the hours of 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM Monday - Friday, with rotating on call weekends as needed
- National Pharmacy Tech Certification
- CPR+ experience
- Experience ordering through local vendors
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.