Senior Pharmacy Technician (Desk Tech) - Chandler, AZ
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
As the Senior Pharmacy Technician (Desk Tech), you’ll help identify problems and determine solutions both independently and in a team/group setting. You’ll need to work within multiple computer systems simultaneously as you respond to questions or provide specific medication details/clinical information. It’s a fast paced, high volume environment where accuracy is essential.
Working Schedule: This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (7:00am-7:00pm) with rotating weekends. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 460 S Benson Ln., Ste. 11-12, Chandler, AZ 85224.
- Enter prescriptions and verify appropriate information
- Assist pharmacists in prescription processing
- Schedule patient deliveries and refills
- Taking inbound calls and making outbound calls as needed
- Contact patients and doctor's offices as needed
- Process prescriptions for specialty therapies
- Resolve patient issues while ensuring accurate information is provided
- Triage patient concerns to necessary clinicians
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Licensed Pharmacy Technician in State of Arizona
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB)
Previous hospital, home infusion or long term care experience
- 1+ year of Pharmacy Technician experience
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Standing, walking, and lifting up to 50 lbs. frequently
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: OptumRx, BriovaRx, Chandler, AZ, PCTB, Packing, Pulling, Staging, Inventory, Receiving, Pharmacy, Pharm Tech, Phones, Deliveries, Patients, Outlook, Word, Excel, Home Infusion, Hospital