What Meetings & Events contributes to Cardinal Health
Meetings and Events is responsible for the development, planning and implementation of internal and external meetings, events aligned with strategic business and brand objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of meeting planning and project management practices, inclusive of the EMEA, APAC, and LATAM regions.
- Negotiates, manages and/or implements budgets and contracts with external vendors.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and serves as a strategic advisor to clients.
- Utilizes software to track registration, budgets, logistics and other information for meetings & events.
- Translates the goals and objectives of meetings and events into a positive and effective experience.
- Manages the day to day oversight of Cardinal's OUS meetings programs (EMEA, APAC, and LATAM)
- Leads large programs and manages peer support teams.
- Negotiates and tracks budgets. Works with internal stakeholders on budget management.
- Manages vendor partnerships to achieve desired meeting outcomes.
- Understands and makes recommendations on contract terms related to specific programs.
- Utilizes technology to strategically manage meetings.
- Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years' experience in related field; corporate meeting or conference planning highly preferred
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) preferred
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- International meeting experience preferred.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.