At Marsh & McLennan’s Private Client Services we are focused on serving the unique needs of affluent individuals and families, designing comprehensive risk management and personal insurance solutions.
Acts as primary contact for clients in relationship to overall management of personal insurance program. The client advisor is responsible for staying abreast of changes in clients’ lifestyle that impact their risk profile and coverages, conducting annual reviews of clients’ insurance program , negotiating with carriers on client’s behalf, based on detailed market knowledge, and recommending appropriate coverages, limits and risk management solutions to clients. CA’s are also responsible for new business generation by obtaining referrals from existing clients and centers of influence and expanding relationships with current clients.
- Book contains several complex clients with high activity and frequent contact.
- Exhibits some self-management of their book of business. Sheds transactional clients to create capacity for newly sourced clients.
- Provides proactive day-to-day client service by anticipating and evaluating client needs and responding to client questions and issues in person or over the phone
- Present clients with accurate market data from appropriate resources to advise and counsel on complex risks.
- Reviews client exposures, loss experience and current coverages and recommends appropriate products and services.
- Gathers information from client related to risk management needs and evaluate and propose a variety of solutions to manage client’s risk.
- Creates and presents renewal proposals to existing clients and conducts annual interactive Client Advisory reviews where appropriate.
- Understands, introduces and leverages the services of PCS Specialty Practices areas, as appropriate, including surplus lines placements as appropriate.
- Conducts most Client Advisory Reviews via phone however some may be conducted by face to face meetings. On the largest and most complex clients a manager or the National Client Executive will participate.
- Steps out of their own day to day responsibilities to assist the team with new Client Advisor on-boarding by working with them one on one on some of the standard day to day tasks
- Revenue generation primarily through cross selling existing clients; builds their book by successfully sourcing new clients from within existing client relationships. Minimum sourced new client count one per quarter.
- Responsible for new business development of assigned book of business through referrals and expanding existing client programs
- Accountable for client retention through delivery of exceptional client service
- Negotiates with multiple insurance carriers to provide comprehensive coverage options for clients and prospects, while conforming with all laws, regulations and requirements governing the insurance industry.
- Networks with clients, including other Marsh colleagues associated with the client, to solicit new client relationships.
- Escalates internal and external service concerns that other clients may also be experiencing to appropriate departments for action and prevention of further client impact.
- Implements and maintains a quality service plan ensuring the accuracy of binders, policies, and other relevant documents.
- Communicates client’s risk solution and binding instructions to carriers.
- Utilizes the Applied system in an accurate and timely manner to enter and maintain all pertinent account information.
- Ensures that all regulatory requirements are met and complies with all internal policies and procedures.
- Manages client accounts receivables to ensure timely collection of premiums and payments to carriers.
Education (degree / diploma)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5+ years personal insurance background required with some client facing experience, some exposure to high-net worth clients and carriers preferred
Knowledge and skills (general and technical)
- Able to independently quote most coverages for existing clients and has familiarity with excess & surplus placements.
- Demonstrates an understanding of cultivating opportunities from within their client’s centers of influence
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent technical and computer skills (MS Office etc)
- Maintains confidentiality and professionalism
- Adheres to policies, practices & procedures
- Client service orientation with balance on managing expectations
Other requirements (licenses, certifications, specialized training)
- Holds appropriate P&C License. Professional designations a plus, e.g. CPCU, CIC, etc.
- Flexible to travel as client and company needs require
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.