With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
CSL Behring is a global biotherapeutics leader driven by its promise to save lives.
We are currently looking for a
Senior Process Engineer Upstream/Downstream for Therapy Molecule Projects
As a successful Senior Process Engineer Upstream/Downstream, you actively ensure cross-site, cross-value stream, and intercompany tech and knowledge transfer for Recombinant and Cell and Gene Therapy Molecules across projects. You deliver and contribute to the robustness of the process, design of process equipment, technology selection for manufacturing, and PAT systems.
Furthermore, your responsibilities include:
- Championing transformation of process engineering, manufacturing technologies & innovation at CSL.
- Support of site-specific Root Cause Analysis in the manufacturing process and process technology
- Lead and manage local and global capacity expansion projects to ensure a reliable supply for our patients
- Actively and self-reliantly, take decisions within capital projects and drive progress forward. Support good collaboration within the projects and regularly report the status
- Providing process engineering support to front end design in capital projects on recombinant/ Recombinant and Cell and Gene Therapy molecule steps
- Establishing global design standards for upstream and downstream manufacturing in collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Scouting, evaluating, and implementing new technologies for recombinant downstream technologies in collaboration with R&D, and MS&T
- Actively contributing to the business success by continuous improvement and innovation initiatives
- Expected to take a leadership role in project teams and be an active participant (including decision-taking) in an intercompany, cross-site, cross-value stream, and intra-value stream projects
- Point of contact and active, supportive stakeholder for cross-site and cross-function exchange to aseptic best practices
- Being a role model at expected behaviors and practices in accordance with our CSL values and CSL Guidelines of health, safety, and environment
Who you are:
You are a passionate business stakeholder and lead programs and projects successfully by your proactive, positive and self-responsible approach. You take decisions and drive progress forward.
The below competencies furthermore contribute to your success:
- University degree in chemical or process engineering field, preferably with PhD
- Several years of work experience in the pharmaceutical industries (large molecule/recombinant downstream manufacturing)
- GMP experience and awareness of state of the art industry practices and trends in the field
- Proven track record in managing projects, programs and manufacturing processes in a highly regulated environment as well as managing performance and delivering business value
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Innovative thinker with strong business acumen who drives for results
- Ability to manage competing priorities and agendas
- Excellent stakeholder focus and collaborative mindset, ability to inspire others and at all times exemplifying CSL employee brand and values
- Attentive communication skills, understanding your counterpart, strong ability to build-up trustful and forward-thinking business relationships as well as keeping your stakeholders informed, using influencing & negotiation skills if appropriate
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
This role is available for any of the CSL Behring Manufacturing sites across the globe.