E-Mobiliy Senior Project Manager - EV Charging
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Working as a Senior Project Manager, to manage the delivery of some our largest and most critical and complex contracts as well as projects for some of our Key Accounts. It therefore requires significant project management expertise and experience and a proven track record managing highly challenging customers, complex technical deliverables, and the management of diverse project teams globally. Outstanding communication and negotiation skills are essential for the role.
Reporting to the Project Operations Manager, you will maintain and enhance customer satisfaction by providing excellent service at all stages of the project, as well as guiding, coaching, and developing the skills and knowledge of the project team.
- Responsible for contract compliance, managing deviations, and successful execution
- Primary point of contact internally and externally for assigned projects
- Draft and drive project plans incl. milestones, critical path, resources, etc
- Design and drive cost modelling, tracking, improvement, and reporting initiatives
- Follow and promote documentation, file, folder, and storage policies
- Define communication strategy and reporting mechanisms/processes for assigned projects
- Capture, mitigate, and report on risks; launch and lead formal project Risk Reviews
- Schedule internal teams and external service contractors nationwide
- Coordinate production, engineering, logistics, service, quality, interoperability teams globally
- Define and promote best practice in Health & Safety approaches and processes
- Capture learnings and evolve processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness of delivery
- Continuous preparation for internal and external audit
- Other duties commensurate with assigned projects and the evolving role
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Engineering with minimum of 10 years project management experience in an electrical product or related industry.
- Experience with power distribution/utility electrical products and power electronics.
- Proven track record managing contracts valued at >10MUSD.
- Proven track record driving down project and operational costs, driving improved processes, and managing and balancing a diverse portfolio of large technical projects.
- Highly proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Planner, Visio, Teams) and experience with SAP a plus
- Demonstrated organizational, planning, communication, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Significant technical depth of understanding and writing skills
- Outstanding presentation skills.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB’s Electrification Global Markets organization is responsible for the go-to-market strategy in 100+ countries where the Electrification Business Area operates. Our 10,000 sales & marketing employees connect our customers and partners to our innovative portfolio of products, services and solutions. Our domain expertise and global footprint enable us to support our customers with solutions that address their current needs, while anticipating how emerging trends such as urbanization, digitalization and the shift to sustainable energy will impact their future needs.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.