Responsibilities and accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze and recommend solutions related to new product launches, product discontinuations, vendor integrations, and operational efficiencies among other potential services that provide value to our clients.
- Manage client deliverables, timelines, and artifacts daily.
- Anticipate client needs and proactively make program recommendations to enhance service value.
- Provide status and coordination to clients including, but not limited to, in-flight project status, and issue tracking and resolution.
- Assist in 3rd party vendor communication/coordination.
- Coordinate, assist, and communicate issue tracking and defect remediation including escalation to client.
- Recommend technical changes/updates/enhancements to current platform and vendor integration landscape to further align with client’s strategy and industry advancements.
- Builds relationships with internal business owners to help streamline processes.
- Monitor team backlog and prioritize activities to deliver on time, on budget, on scope
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years’ experience in professional services, healthcare, or related field preferred
- Proficiency in .NET, SFDC, Cloud technologies is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with executive facing presentation experience
- Strong project management skills in an agile delivery environment
- Strong understanding of PMLC and SDLC methodologies (PMP, Agile, SCRUM, other)
- Proven ability to learn and application of advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.