The Senior Proposal Associate is responsible for supporting the Request for Proposal (RFP) process to include collaborating on new business proposals and presentations, managing all aspects of proposal activity and production, and determining process improvements to ensure high quality deliverables. The Senior Proposal Associate interacts with consulting teams across all Segal market segments (including, but not limited to multiemployer, public sector and corporate) and other professionals to meet proposal production-related needs. The Senior Proposal Associate works independently and in teams, and is accountable for various aspects of the proposal process as assigned.
The Senior Proposal Associate will collaborate with administrative staff members to produce physical and electronic proposal materials, and contributes expertise to peers and consultants. The incumbent takes initiative to review their own work for accuracy and completeness, peer reviews work of others, and contributes to a work culture that is diverse and inclusive.
The Senior Proposal Associate typically reports to a senior member of the marketing team or practice leader. The reporting relationship could vary by practice or region.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Participating in meetings with Proposal Writer, Consultants, and Subject Matter Experts, and collaborating with others to determine proposal requirements and timing
- Developing RFP Response project work plans
- Insuring project plan timelines and benchmarks are met and modified/updated as needed.
- Participating in the development of finalist presentations
- Maintaining a database of new-business proposal activity; tracking and following-up on RFPs and post-proposal processes, including requests for Lost Opportunity Interviews as requested by stakeholders, and developing reports based on the effectiveness of Segal26#39;s new business efforts
- Contributing to the development and continuous improvement of proposal creation processes, tools, and templates in collaboration with Proposal Content Manager and other colleagues involved in the proposal process
- Collaborating with team members to peer review and edit each other26#39;s work to ensure high quality deliverables
- Academic: Bachelor26rsquo;s degree in Business Administration.
- Years of Experience: Minimum 3 26ndash; 5 years of related work experience in a similar project management environment. Promotion opportunity for a Level 1 employee with a minimum of 2 years of experience; External candidates with minimum of an undergraduate degree and 3 years of relevant experience.
- Work Experience: Prior experience in employee benefits field or professional services environment is desirable; Experience facilitating discussions or brainstorming approaches for proposal approaches.
- Technologies: Proficiency using Project Management tools and apps; Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel; Prior experience with Qvidian is desirable; Prior experience with Salesforce is desirable.
- Skills/Traits: Excellent communicator (both written and verbal) and project manager; Demonstrated ability to manage time, multi-task, and guide people at all levels collaboratively; Strong interpersonal skills including aptitude for building and maintaining professional relationships, understanding team dynamics, taking initiative, and solving problems
Diversity Inclusion at Segal: At Segal, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences. We also engage in good faith efforts to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment in strict compliance with applicable laws, and consider all qualified candidates for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or medical condition, protected veteran or military status, criminal record history, marital status, or status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We also engage in affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals and protected veterans. Maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce is a win/win, and provides Segal with the opportunity to leverage our top talent to provide innovative solutions to our clients.