The work you will perform will not only bring in the new business that26rsquo;s the lifeblood of our firm but also set the standard for how we pitch prospective clients. From crafting stellar proposals to spearheading strategy meetings to mentoring colleagues, this role gives you the chance to establish yourself as an irreplaceable member of a team. This isn26rsquo;t just a job26mdash;it26rsquo;s a chance to redefine your entire career.
The Opportunity: The Senior Proposal Writer26rsquo;s primary responsibility is to support the growth and business development across all markets by developing client-focused, strategically positioned proposals. The Writer will have demonstrated proposal writing skills to integrate information from multiple sources and incorporate client-specific strategy into a clear, compelling document that differentiates Segal from the competition. The successful candidate will have the ability to be creative, strategic and well-organized to manage multiple projects and changing priorities.
The Role: The Senior Proposal Writer will have direct accountability for the writing and editing of proposals. Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- Meeting/interviewing with Consultants and Subject Matter Experts and collaborating with others to determine proposal strategy, requirements, scope, and timing
- Bringing creativity and original thinking to framing and structuring compliant and client-centric, compelling proposal content
- Serving in a strategic role from pre-RFP to finalist presentation stages to enhance the likelihood of a win
- Brainstorming solutions with the proposed engagement teams to provide experience-based advice with the ability to drive strategy and solutions that result in winning submissions
- Making significant contributions to the development and continuous improvement of proposal creation processes, tools, and templates in collaboration with Proposal Content Manager and other colleagues involved in the proposal process
- Minimum six to ten years of related work experience in proposal development and writing
- Prior experience in employee benefits field or professional services environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent communicator (both written and verbal) and project manager
- Experience facilitating discussions or brainstorming approaches for proposal approaches
- Demonstrated ability to manage time, writing, editing, and guide people at all levels collaboratively
- Strong interpersonal skills including aptitude for building and maintaining professional relationships, understanding team dynamics, taking initiative, and solving problems
- Keen listener with the ability to quickly grasp ideas that can be translated into written words
- Prior experience with Qvidian is desirable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Diversity Inclusion at Segal: At Segal, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences. We also engage in good faith efforts to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment in strict compliance with applicable laws, and consider all qualified candidates for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or medical condition, protected veteran or military status, criminal record history, marital status, or status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We also engage in affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals and protected veterans. Maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce is a win/win, and provides Segal with the opportunity to leverage our top talent to provide innovative solutions to our clients.