Are you ready to make a major improvement to your career? Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will be proud to say you work with Leidos because not only do we treat our employees like an important part of our business, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. You will enjoy great benefits, flexible schedules and the opportunity to grow your career. If this sounds like a place you can thrive keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a Sr. Python Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD.
This contract is a large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment and sustainment of large collection systems. The work that's being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
- Leidos is seeking a Software Engineer that is self-motivated, enjoys working directly with the customer and with the end-users and values high quality software. You will join a small team working with some of the brightest engineers in the industry. The environment is fast paced and with almost immediate feedback from the customer! Engineers are encouraged to work autonomously and explore new and cutting edge solutions.
- The Software Engineer will provide full system and software life-cycle support for incremental software functionality.
- TS/SCI with polygraph
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 8 or more years related experience
- Minimum of 7 years with software development lifecycle experience; BS degree or related engineer/technology degree may count toward experience
- Strong Python experience
- Experience with full stack development (GUI through to the database)
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Flask
- Experience with PostgresSQL
- Strong LINUX skills
- Within the last 7 years, a minimum of 5 years' experience with designing, coding, testing, and debugging software to run under either Microsoft Windows (XP or later) or UNIX (Solaris 8 or later, Redhat LINUX) Operating System.
- Strong work ethic and focused developer with high productivity.
- Needs to be able to quickly learn new technologies.
- Angular JS
- Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence concepts
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.