What Quality Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Quality Engineering is responsible for product and service quality planning, evaluation and control. Works cross-functionally in the development and implementation of prevention-based methodologies used in design, manufacturer, test, sustainability and correction of products and services.
- Demonstrates understanding of quality philosophies, principles, systems, methods, tools, and standards.
- Demonstrates understanding of the audit process including types of audits, planning, preparation, execution, reporting results and follow-up.
- Develops and implements quality programs, including tracking, analyzing, reporting and problem solving.
- Plans, controls, and assures product and process quality in accordance with quality principles, which include planning processes, design control, material control, acceptance sampling and measurement systems.
- Demonstrates knowledge of reliability, maintainability, and risk management, including key terms and definitions, modeling, systems design, assessment tools and reporting.
- Applies problem solving and quality improvement tools and techniques, including, preventative and corrective actions and how to overcome barriers to quality improvements.
- Acquires and analyzes data using appropriate standard quantitative methods to facilitate process analysis and improvements.
Additional details and accountabilities
- Support the Quality Management System
- Provide data and reports to management
- Work on NC and CAPA's.
- detail oriented
- works cross-functionally
- multitask many different priority items at once
- work with manufacturing facilities located off-site
- Previous experience working with FMEA risk documents preferred.
- Previous experience working with CAPA up to and including owning, coordinating, and completing a CAPA project preferred
- Previous experience working with Medical Device suppliers preferred
- Previous experience working with Non-conformances preferred.
- Previous experience working with Health Hazard Evaluations preferred
- Previous experience working in Pilgrim SmartSolve CAPA or NC modules preferred
- Experience working in the Microsoft Office tools-especially excel required
- Bachelors in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in related field, preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.