- Solicit and respond to leads, by telephone or direct conversation, persons requiring large and complex group accommodations (over 100 guest rooms) with or without meeting space and/or on-site (hotel) catering, based upon market segment and account files assigned by the Director of Sales. Negotiates contracts with customers and commission agreements with third party agencies. Outside sales to discuss business opportunties and entertain customers in local and assigned markets (percentage of travel dependent on specific market), directs site visits and H.O.S.T. programs for respective accounts and participates in tradeshows, industry and customer events.
- Initiate the preparation of proposals and/or contracts to advise prospective customers primarily of the hotel guest rooms, but also meeting space and/or banquet date, space and rate availability. Compute and quote prices for same.
- Attend weekly sales meeting and weekly tentative review/Top 10 meeting. Provide input on booking strategies for colleagues in terms of competitive spin. Also conducts training sessions for colleagues on a rotational basis during the tentative review format.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!