- Research and develop methods to characterize agricultural and food products for nutritional components and contaminants related to Food Safety.
- Implement new methods including ISO17025 validation requirements, writing SOPs and training of junior staff for routine performance.
- Participate in industry technical discussion to keep informed of upcoming technology improvements and changes in regulatory requirements.
- Perform lab analysis utilizing prescribed SOPs and official analysis methods.
- Provide technical and food safety information to internal and external clients.
- Work closely with laboratory management, sales and client services to prioritize development and validation needs to meet client and industry expectations.
- Perform routine quality control to ensure quality of work.
- Set up, adjust, maintain and operate laboratory equipment including calibration to specified technical requirements.
- Troubleshoot analysis and equipment when quality does not meet specifications.
- Maintain quality protocols for testing area and implement preventative practices.
- Ensure quality and confidentiality of client and company information and take an active role in updating Quality System.
- Assist in other areas of the company as needed.
- Promote responsibility, good work habits, a positive work environment and improve customer service.
- Associate with vendors, equipment suppliers, outside agencies and professional organizations as necessary.
- At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
• Minimum B.S. degree with a concentration in Chemistry or Food Science or other relevant science area. M.S. or Ph.D. in relevant field preferred.
• 5+ years in a commercial food testing and/or an advanced degree.
• Knowledgeable in data reporting, technical requirements and general market drivers, LIMS and other applications.
• Must be proficient in computer software and use of communication tools.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
•SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.