Look for more than answers.
Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information, and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact, and a clear dedication to service. It is about providing clarity and hope.
As a Senior Scientist you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge. You can make a real impact in a market that is growing and developing.
This on-site position is based at our San Juan Capistrano, CA facility.
Senior Scientist, Immunohistochemistry Companion Diagnostic Development, the role:
The Senior Scientist plans, prepares, conducts, records, and analyzes complex bench level biochemical experiments. The Senior Scientist also prepares reports and analysis of results as related to product/process development improvement. Activities may be focused individual projects or assignments as a member of a project team which may include project leadership duties.
- Develops, plans, conducts and records results from complex biochemical experiments within the assigned test development process.
- Performs laboratory experiments following defined protocols and company procedures.
- Reports status of assigned projects through the preparation of detailed reports and documentation that summarize experiment results.
- Works within established parameters on individual assignments, on project teams for longer-term projects and as a technical leader to Assistant Scientists or Associate Scientists.
- Identifies problems, investigates alternatives, and recommends possible courses of action.
- Maintains knowledge of technological developments that may assist in the completion of an assignment or lead to new products, processes, or procedures by reading current literature.
- Effectively utilizes and applies advanced molecular and biochemical methods or technologies
- Contributes ideas for new product development typically within existing markets.
- Responsibilities include working with infectious materials, supporting, and complying with the company hazard waste handling practices.
To qualify, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Requires knowledge and skills normally acquired through the successful completion of an advanced degree (M.A./Ph.D.) in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pathology, or related scientific discipline.
- Requires at least 4 years of relevant industrial experience with a master’s degree, or preferably a Ph.D. degree with 1-2 years of relevant industrial experience. Outstanding candidates with Ph.D. thesis will be considered.
- Experience with Immunohistochemistry, Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay, and Flow Cytometry is required
- Experience with multiplex proteomics is highly desirable.
- Experience with FDA Quality Systems Regulations, ISO 13485 or QSR is a requirement.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as professional journals, operating instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write complete reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts to problem-solving situations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance and correlation techniques.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in a variety of situations.
Knowledgeable in the use of common laboratory equipment and safe chemical handling.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of related products and technologies gained through developmental experience in an academic or industrial setting.
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.