Sabre Systems, Inc. is continuing to grow our cyber portfolio in both the Patuxent River and the Dahlgren areas. To meet this growth, we are seeking experienced cyber professionals to fulfill both current and future openings. The Senior Security Systems Engineers will support the Department of Cybersecurity and Risk Management at the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) in Dahlgren, Va. These positions are in support of future work that is expected to start in 2020.
- Author DoD IA Assessment and Accreditation (A&A) artifacts.
- Document a system from IA perspective using Microsoft Office including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio and other appropriate tools.
- Derive, document and/ or identify system CONOPS for Mission Assurance Categorization per DoD I 8500.2.
- Lead the research, recommend and document logical and physical solutions that prevent, detect and correct the system to be certified and accredited.
- Research and apply DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and NSA recommendations.
- Lead the identification of disagreements between as built specifications, security requirements and DoD security policies and design implementations to bring the system into compliance.
- Plan, Develop, execute and document results of security test procedures.
- Lead the analysis and testing of a designated US Naval warfare system against known vulnerabilities based upon security approaches and known hacker techniques and exploits.
- Lead and perform as Information Assurance Officer to be focal point for all security matters related to specific sets of information systems.
- Lead the preparation and execution and Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) Plan.
- Lead the preparation and production of a System Security Administrator and Operators Manual (SSAOM).
- Lead obtaining Authorization To Operate (ATO) and resolve issues in the event a US Naval Warfare system is issued an Interim Authorization To Operate (IATO).
- Lead the technical support effort in identifying and specifying requirement and performing risk assessments.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and have an ACTIVE TOP SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE and/or SCI Eligible.
- Must have 5 or more years of engineering experience on Aegis, SSDS, or Zumwalt combat systems.
- Possess an in-depth understanding of computer security, military system specifications, DoD IA policies for both land based, afloat/tactical systems, or SSP CSSE, and the ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in written and oral presentations.
- For afloat/tactical systems support, the contractor shall have combat weapons systems knowledge.
- For SLBM the support shall also have prior experience using the SSP Validator handbook.
- Experience in executing all aspects of the Systems Engineering Technical Review (SETR) Process.
- Possess an in-depth understanding and experience in Risk Management Framework (RMF), Platform IT (PIT), AND THE IMPLEMENTATION OF Cyber Security and IA boundary defense techniques and various IA-enabled appliances. The appliances and applications are Firewalls, IDS, IPS, Switch/Routers, Cross Domain Solutions (CDS) and a Host Based Security Systems (HBSS).
- DoD 8570.1 certification is required.
- Candidate is required to pass a background check.
Sabre Systems, Inc. is a quality driven, customer focused large business providing innovative solutions in the areas of Cyber, C4ISR, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics, and Enterprise Modernization to federal and civilian customers. Our mission is to ensure our customers have the technology, services, and expertise to overcome threats, maintain superiority, and quickly adapt to emerging obstacles. At Sabre, we're more than just a job - we're a team - and we care for and nurture our employees like family. If you want to be a part of creating and implementing enduring solutions that transform mission challenges into mission success – join Sabre!Sabre provides an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, paid days off, tuition reimbursement, and a 401K plan.We respect the unique perspectives that a diverse workforce of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans brings not only to our company, but also to our customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.