MISSION: To support OTT Platform by building and maintaining reliable and high-performance front end and single page applications.
Are you interested in working on a powerful and efficient web-based CMS system that allows our Content Producers to curate various types of content and effectively deliver to a wide range of audiences on OTT (over the top television) devices? Do you have a passion for delivering awesome new features? If so, we’d love to talk to you about joining Sinclair Digital! We’re looking for a self-motivated, top-notch Senior Front-End Engineer to join us in building modern impressive software!
The OTT Platform team supports services for all of our current and future OTT products including STIRR, The Tennis Channel, and Marquee. The OTT Platform includes features such as content publishing workflows, ingestion, creation, and management of EPG and linear Feeds. Our goal is to provide a rich feature set of publishing tools for OTT producers to easily deliver content to end-users on an array of devices.
Who are you
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Lead and mentor other engineers
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up to date with latest technologies
- Proven experience as a Senior Software Engineer
- Extensive experience in software development, scripting and project management
- Experience with ReactJS or a similar framework.
- Experienced or willing to learn NodeJS and JS bundling system if no prior experience
- Experience using system monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic) and automated testing frameworks
- Knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. Redis)
- Experience producing and consuming with REST endpoint
- Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux, Mac OS)
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Self-led, capable of working with little direction
- Skilled communicator with a collaborative spirit
- Excellent organization and leadership
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.