***Preference for Dallas or Memphis***
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is building the hospitality experience of the future - for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Software Engineer, you will be working with the Director of Software Engineering as part of a team to develop and lead digital assets for Hilton websites and services. You will be expected to work within an agile framework and collaborate with different Hilton teams such as our creative, technical and product leads on targeted features and functions allowing Hilton to maintain its position as a leader in hospitality.
- Develop and deliver front-end assets for Hilton's websites, including the following tasks: component development, writing unit tests, bug fixes, keeping compliance with web accessibility standards, contributing to state management of the web application, and other supportive functions within the technical stack as needed.
- Offer mentorship to help define requirements and implement solutions that meet business objectives.
- Establish partnerships and contacts within the organization to ensure cross-functional alignment to ensure deep understanding of a feature requests.
- Help fill gaps throughout the development cycle to ensure Hilton teams meet delivery expectations.
- Lead and mentor other developers on the technology stack building up the core competency to increase the velocity of the teams.
- Follow the defined agile framework delivering industry leading front-end web solutions with premier quality and performance.
- Accept and demonstrate the core principles of front-end development practices and ensure these principles are followed throughout the team.
- Research, share, and implement new technologies to evolve the front-end stack and increase site performance.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Strong working knowledge of using Git as version control with a team
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence across organization boundaries
- Comfortable working with teams in multiple locations and balance challenging demands
- Ability to cultivate procedural change while considering all team members and partners
- Able to work in a dynamic environment with focus and precision
- Comfortable navigating through changing business, process and capabilities, decisions and directions
- Ability to be flexible, respond quickly and positively to changing requirements including the performance of any tasks requested of you and remain calm in difficult situations
- Leaders who are comfortable with mentorship, providing performance feedback to reports, and communicating results and areas for improvement all while leading by example
- Communicators who will positively influence Hilton's partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels
- Problem solvers who are flexible and creative in finding solutions for hard problems, exhibiting fine attention to details
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Five (5) years professional experience in Technology or related field
- One (1) year of React experience
- Experience supporting sites on different browsers, operating systems, and devices
- Worldwide travel as required
- Advanced knowledge in React-based patterns
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelor's Degree, or Associate's Degree plus a minimum of six (6) years of Technology related experience, or High School Degree/GED plus a minimum of twelve (12) years of Technology related experience
- Seven (7)+ years professional experience in Technology or related field
- Two (2)+ years of experience working with React
- Experience with web accessibility including using screen readers
- Strong working knowledge of Atlassian Stack
- Strong working knowledge of agile methodologies
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!