Senior Software Engineer - PubWeb
Clayton Homes, a Berkshire Hathaway company and the nation’s leading housing provider, is a vertically integrated housing company that builds, sells, and insures affordable housing.
Our commitment to creating a World Class Customer Experience is unparalleled in the housing industry; we take pride in ensuring that all Clayton homeowners receive a high level of customer service from the time they visit one of our Home Centers all the way through to the time they take ownership of their new home.
- This position will work on a scrum team that is on the front-end of innovation and cutting-edge technology. There will be opportunity to build out web apps using React and Redux as we continue developing and releasing major projects on our roadmap. Each project will be high visibility / high impact. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a fun environment with a great team and meaningful work, this is the chance.
- Have direct input into the planning and development of various projects
- Help to define and implement new feature requirements
- Works with the design team to navigate technical challenges during the planning and implementation of the design
- Design solutions to complex workflows
- Create standards-compliant, cross-browser-compatible pages for visual designs with pixel-level accuracy and attention to detail
- Work to define, maintain, implement, and enforce style guides, standards, reusable mark-up and best practices for client-side coding
- Continuously improve the design and drive implementation of existing applications
- Develop application code according to requirements and assigned tasks.
- Mentor and coach junior development team members.
- Follow source-code management and work item tracking best practices.
- Contribute to the estimation process during planning exercises.
- Provide consultation to development management team.
- 6+ years professional experience developing web applications across multiple frameworks and technologies.
- 1+ years professional experience performing quality analysis tightly coupled to the software development process.
- Familiarity with cloud computing principles related to the scaling and distribution of web applications
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming, stateful vs. stateless components, and design patterns
Expert knowledge with respect to the following:
- C#, .NET (Standard and Core)
- HTML5, CSS3/Sass experience including history of developing responsive, mobile first pages
- Relational Databases (SQL Server preferred)
- Web Services (SOAP, XML, JSON, REST) and a history of developing web applications that consume RESTful APIs
- ASP.NET MVC and Web API
- Expert knowledge of toolsets such as:
- Build Tools: TeamCity, Jenkins, Bamboo, Octopus
- Source Control: Git or like
- Work Request Systems: TFS, Jira
- AWS or Azure
- Agile, SCRUM, use of architectural patterns/frameworks
- Preferred Technology Stack: HTML5, React, Redux, Sass, .NET, C#, Git, AWS
- Applied experience with React and the React ecosystem
- Experience with static website generators such as Gatsby
- Unit testing experience with a framework like XUnit, Jest or Mocha is preferred
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Adobe XD, Sketch, Zeplin, or comparable product
- Sufficient understanding of project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Lean, Waterfall. Also, Automation, CD/CI, and similar techniques)
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and changing requirements
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and search engine optimization fundamentals
- Familiarity with ADA compliance guidelines
- Written communication skills including the ability to explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Portfolio of work is mandatory
- Must demonstrate good decision making and effective business acumen.
- Must be able to communicate in both written and verbal form.
- Must maintain confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Must have a growth mindset and subscribe to a continuous learning philosophy.
- Demonstrate expertise and mastery in your area of technology and industry.
- Must establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- B.S. or higher in computer science/technology field preferred or equivalent industry experience
- Excellent customer-service orientation
- Lead technology assessments and author recommendations
- Knowledgeable of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Capable of meeting deadlines and focuses on results and value creation
- Capable of professionally resolving team issues/conflicts
- Works well with customers and vendors, knows when and how hard to push to maintain a stable and reliable environment
- Capable of leading research into application development issues to successful completion
- Self-motivated and directed
- Capable of prioritizing and execution of tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and regulations preferred (PCI, PII, PHI, GDPR, ADA, etc.)
- Effective delegation of tasks and follow-up
You will find much more information about Clayton Homes by visiting our website at:
5000 CLAYTON RD
MARYVILLE, Tennessee, 37804
JobCategory: Information Technology