The software engineer will be responsible for development work that supports our search micro-service applications. The tasks will range from maintaining the existing application and working on enhancements and new features by collaborating with team members including QA within an Agile scrum environment. Other tasks include generating ad-hoc batch reports as needed for analysis and research purposes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements more complex operating systems components, software tools, and utilities with full competency.
- Coordinates with users to determine requirements.
- Reviews systems under development and related documentation.
- Makes more complex modifications to existing software to fit specialized needs and configurations, and maintains program libraries and technical documentation.
- May coordinate activities of the project team and assist in monitoring project schedules and costs.
- Typically requires four to five years of related experience.
- Strong object-oriented development skills to design, develop and maintain back-end functions and features in Java including knowledge of common design patterns, design principles and best practices.
- Experience with SQL and database (Oracle, MySql or SQLite), web-services (RESTful), XML related technologies.
- Experience with Apache Lucene is a plus. Standard development environment using Eclipse/IntelliJ, Jira, Maven, and GIT.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.