What Product or Services Marketing contributes to Cardinal Health
Product or Services Marketing is responsible for defining the product/service and market strategy and life cycle management including customer need identification, market research, product or service offering, pricing, positioning, promotion, and branding. Responsible for helping ensure the existing surgical gloves business is running smoothly by working closely with the Global Product and Portfolio Management to drive tactical needs of the day to day operations.
The Senior Specialist is the main point of contact for managing product data within CAH systems (e.g. Agile and Xplore) and serves as the primary lead on product labeling projects and system (AMS/ Kallik) for surgical gloves. You also assist with technical requests from the field and maintain product claims documentation in collaboration with legal and regulatory. Supports product testing and other projects at the manufacturing plant. Is a jack of all trades and works closely with labeling, creative services, data analytics, product data management, operations, regulatory, quality, logistics, in-region marketing, etc.
- Exhibits an ability to translate market and customer needs into clearly defined goals, objectives, strategies, and tactics to drive sales & profitability for the business.
- Accountable for gaining and driving cross functional support from all stakeholders
- Identifies and remains current on market trends. Determines product/service lifecycle implications and makes recommendations to maintain market competitiveness and to achieve sustainable economic success.
- Understands methods available to execute primary research (VOC) that are necessary to drive portfolio/ product decisions. Can identify market opportunities through VOC/secondary research and takes action by implementing and managing solutions that meet cu
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of marketing disciplines and concepts necessary for building a business & marketing plan this includes identifying the appropriate channels to market. Has the ability to understand market trends and competitive positioning an
- Demonstrates strong financial acumen and logical decision making in the general business environment. Understands and can demonstrate sound thought processes as it relates to pricing, deal structure and assessing financial implications.
- Works effectively across cross functional groups including but not limited to IT, communications, operations, and sales.
Daily Responsibilities of the Senior Specialist:
- Identifies and manages product labeling needs for the surgical gloves business
- Manages the product lifecycle within the Agile product data master
- Assist the Global Product and Portfolio Managers with day to day tactical needs such as data needs, product and/or market launches and expansions
- Assist Commercial Enablement Manager with regional marketing needs (e.g. technical data sheets, brochures, etc.)
- Accessing and analyzing product and market sales trends
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- 2+ years experience in related field, preferred.
- Medical device or healthcare product management experience, preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including but not limited to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with product data management, including but not limited to data enrichment and product discontinuations
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of multi-tasking and prioritization to deliver on business commitments in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
- Ability to travel 10-15% of the time
What is expected of you and others at this level?
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.