Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Senior Strategic Pricing Management Analyst at our Tysons, VA location. The primary purpose of this job is to be responsible for designing, developing, deploying and maintaining mortgage pricing models/tools and the related analyses for Mortgage Secondary Marketing. This position’s objectives include developing competitive pricing strategies, margin management, best execution, Optimal Blue pricing engine management, analysis, projects, system/model governance and mentoring junior teammates.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of mortgage product/pricing processes and procedures, and routine modeling theories and techniques to create effective modeling solutions for a single or multiple business functions.
- Autonomous end-to-end pricing model creation, including but not limited to identifying objectives, compiling data, sampling/prepping data, feature selection, model comparison/selection, deployment, reporting and monitoring. Ensures adequate internal control processes around model development, implementation and validation are established.
- Creation and delivery of executive financial reporting and secondary marketing analysis: pricing strategy, margin performance, lock desk operations and cross-team business objectives.
- Optimal Blue maintenance, governance and support, including API.
- Strategic mortgage line of business partnership with finance, treasury, mortgage fulfillment and secondary marketing counterparties to achieve financial objectives and projects.
- Train and mentor junior analyst(s) and act as Subject Matter Expert for Optimal Blue Mortgage Banking Framework, Optimal Blue models and reporting.
- Coordinate with business partners, project managers and executives in the real estate division as well as other divisions to lead and/or participate in high-priority, high-impact corporate projects, objectives and mandates.
- Keep informed of new ideas and academic research within the industry, best practices, and regulatory developments through publications, membership in professional organizations and contact with other financial institutions.
- Develop and review pricing model documents, and provide technical support to staff members, internal control teams and regulatory examiners.
- Lead the development of new pricing models, and enhancement of existing models. Set the standards for Optimal Blue analytics and provide significant support to enterprise financial risk management efforts.
- Develop innovative solutions and tools to support product/pricing initiatives and to drive business growth.
- Articulate, draft and compose accurate and detailed business requirements based upon future state analysis and design.
- Assist management with maintaining PenFed’s compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances by abiding by PenFed compliance program and all policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or related field is required. MBA or other advance degree is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years advanced Optimal Blue management and Excel experience required
- Minimum of five (5) years of applied mortgage and/or secondary marketing experience required.
- Experience with designing and implementing successful strategic pricing models for Retail, Consumer Direct and/or Correspondent-TPO lines of business required.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills with ability to work with all management levels.
- Applied experience with best execution modeling and reporting required.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and successful delivery of competing priorities
- Self-direction, communication and proactive decision-making are critical to success
- Thorough knowledge of PPE dashboarding, reports and data
- Data mining, dashboarding and modeling experience is preferred (SQL, SAS, Tableau)
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience with mortgage business systems such as Encompass, MSP, LoanServ, Optimal Blue are required
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and implement rapid changes in project direction
- Applied API experience preferred.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.