Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science, management information systems, engineering, science, business administration, or related field or foreign equivalent? Do you have experience with Hands-on knowledge of Microsoft, VMware, and Citrix family of products, Office 365, Azure, and XenApp? Can you provide a keen eye for details and great organizational skills with a high level of accuracy? If you answered YES to these questions, AND, you have excellent communication skills, we’d like to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Sets up, configures, and supports internal and external systems to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. Develops and maintains systems, applications, and security configurations. Troubleshoots system performance issues and creates and maintains a disaster recovery plan. Recommends, schedules and implements new applications as well as system improvements, upgrades, maintenance, repairs, and patches. Provides technical support and guidance to users.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Perform in-depth troubleshooting on numerous computer platforms and operating systems across a widely dispersed geographical area
- Assist branch contractors/end users in diagnosing problem areas including desktop and network connectivity issues and supporting our user base
- Prepare and maintain the documentation of systems configuration and architecture
- Maintain the various software components that relate to monitoring the computer system's overall health.
- Manage operating systems and end-user software
- Manage end-user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance
- Assist with network and security audits
- Perform and test routine system backups and restores
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on servers and appliances. Escalate incidents as necessary
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information
- Analyze system, server, and application performance
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts
- Develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science, management information systems, engineering, science, business administration or related field or foreign equivalent and 5-7 years’ progressive experience to include:
- Hands-on knowledge of Microsoft, VMware, and Citrix family of products, specifically Office 365, Azure, and XenApp.
- Hands-on knowledge with server operating systems
- Solid understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities
- Strong knowledge and understanding of network topologies, protocols, and cabling standards. Experience with Cisco/Meraki a plus
- Highly motivated, organized, detail-oriented team player
- Able to deal with changing priorities
- Strong analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional service orientation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills in working with resources from varying levels within the organization
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical addressees
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and responsibilities
- Rotating and shared on-call responsibilities
- Occasional travel required. Less than 10%
- Ability to sit or stand using a computer for large portions of the day,
- Ability to move about the office with occasional lifting, bending and reaching
- Ability to work within a data center environment, installing and removing servers/network appliances
- Ability to drive a vehicle, valid driver’s license required
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, Employee Assistance Program, vacation, sick time, life insurance, + more); Pension Plan, 401k match up to 3%
- Drug-Free Workplace
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed, and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-five years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and a dedication to quality work, our customers, and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits, and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.','EqualOpportunityEmployerDescription':'Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities',
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)