SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
As the Senior Tax Accountant, you will be responsible for the review and filing of sales & use tax returns, research sales & use tax matters, and prepare/review state income tax returns on a timely basis and prevent tax risks.
- Maintains tax records, prepares tax returns, tax-related schedules and reports.
- Prepares paperwork for local, state and federal level returns for submission within specified deadlines.
- Performs analysis of tax regulations to ensure all regulations are met.
- Researches and resolves complex issues.
- Recommends tax strategies that align with business goals.
- Identifies tax savings and suggests ways to increase profits.
- Performs forecasting of tax predictions and communicates to senior managers.
- Liaises with internal and external auditors.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or related discipline
- Minimum 4+ years of relevant experience in sales & use tax returns and preparing/reviewing state income tax returns.
- ERP systems experience (Oracle 12, Corptax, etc.)
Licenses / Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.