This role will provide technical leadership in the Pharma Regulatory space. We support multiple legacy Java Websphere applications. This individual will work with the team to develop a modernization strategy to migrate these applications to cloud-native formats with DevOps toolsets. We are looking for an individual to provide technical guidance and leadership. In this role, you will need to gain a deep understanding of business and regulatory requirements and recommend technical solutions. The Senior Engineer, Software Engineering must be comfortable preparing detailed technical design documents and working with a team of analysts and developers to lead the design implementation.
- Extensive background in programming (Java preferred)
- Experience with relational database design patterns and query building is necessary
- Experience with these cloud and DevOps tools a big plus including PCF, Spring Boot, OAuth2, Angular, Concourse, Veracode, SonarQube, Maven, Apigee, and GitHub
- Experience executing test-driven design
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years experience in related field preferred
- Working knowledge of three or more technologies preferred
- Proven leadership ability preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.