SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
As the Senior Technical Report Writer, you will be responsible for drafting written customer test reports based on testing performed in a CRS laboratory. In addition, responsibilities will include quality control activity for the chemistry laboratory for writing, filing, and distributing analytical reports.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works under limited or no supervision to perform the following job functions, generally:
- Supervise others
- 3 direct reports
- Prepare written reports for customers utilizing data from testing according to the procedure, paying specific attention to detail regarding the purchase orders, quotations, and customer exceptions.
- Transpose numbers and words from various formats and compile a word document report along with adding test requirements.
- Create formats and document templates
- Complete all reports prior to the date due so that sufficient time is given for report review.
- Organize incoming projects by the date due and severity based on duration.
- Read and interpret documents such as test procedures, literature references, safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and manuals.
- Write reports in a conventional, professional, and scientific manner in preparing routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak effectively to customers or employees of the organization
- Periodic analysis of known standards and/or samples relative to various areas of testing are employed both as a means of method validation and analytical proficiency.
- May act as Team Lead and be responsible for reviewing written customer test reports drafted by the team of report writers in a CRS laboratory
- Handle customers (internal and external) complaints if necessary
- Monitor the quality of the test done provided by the operation team
- Involve in quality control activity for different tests assigned by the supervisor
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant scientific discipline
- 5+ years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and experience
- Understanding of General Chemistry is required
Language Skills: Advanced written and spoken English
- Mathematical Skills: Intermediate
- Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Intermediate
- Computer Skills: Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite preferred, particularly Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- An understanding of General Chemistry
- Strong organizational aptitude
- Must be able to type 15-25 reports per day.
- Ability to execute detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to work independently under the direct supervision
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to understand the working principles of different analytical test
- Must be able to do quality checks to ensure the accuracy of the test data provided by the operation team
- Ability to operate the software of different analytical instruments to extract the information for further review
- Ability to follow directions ensuring the end results are accurate and completed with the required timeframe.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.