Sr. Underwriter specialist play a key role in the growth and long-term success by evaluating insurance applicants by correlating all aspects of risk to determine whether to accept, modify or decline applications.
Duration: 3 Month Contract with extension
Hourly Rate: Pending Experience - W2 Only (Not open to C2C)
- Focus on mortality by evaluating risk of death which includes history, degree of medical maintenance, treatment, and flags of potential future risk.
- Complete wing-to-wing underwriting decision:
- Starting with review of upfront underwriting data and tools
- Handle additional underwriting requirements by determining value, ordering, and reviewing to perform risk selection
- Finalizing cases
- Data enter medical history and use system workbenches to process and decision cases
- Demonstrate dependability, organization, and sound judgment by adhering to schedules and meeting all productivity, quality, and performance standards.
- 5 or more years of Underwriting experience
- Proven proficiency in all underwriting processes and philosophies to include strong cardiac background and older age underwriting
- Ability to handle advanced decision level authorities without a co-signature.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build rapport and gain acceptance at all levels internally and externally while exercising diplomacy and resourcefulness.
- Critical thinking skills and attention to detail with the ability to quickly identify information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
- Ability to interpret meaning of information for others; translating or explaining what information means and how it can be used.
- Ability to develop specific goals, plan, and prioritize work.
- What will make you stand out:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Professional Designations: AALU/FALU and FLMI preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.