Sinclair is seeking an innovative/seasoned sports media executive to lead our Bally Sports regional sports network (RSN) in Los Angeles, CA. As SVP/General Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for network’s relationships with team partners, maximizing revenue, growing audience reach on the network’s linear and digital platforms, and leading a dynamic staff to consistently deliver the very best in live game coverage, studio programming, digital content operations, advertising sponsorship, daily and long-term content creation and optimize opportunities for growth and new business.
Primary Accomplishments of the role:
- Teams who perceive General Manager (GM) as an integral member and whose partnership is essential to their success
- Profit generation that meets or exceeds targets for the Teams and the Sports network
- National-level broadcast produced with a regional sports focus and budget
- Well-developed, High Performing Leadership Team and staff
- Strategic and operational plans that drive growth
- Positive perception of the network brand and GM as RSN ambassador
Representative Key Actions associated with the role:
- Develop and execute a strategy for in-person engagement with Team stakeholders and key decision makers
- Develop and execute a strategy for regular business review meetings (pre/post season) where relevant data is shared, and relational value is reinforced
- Develop and execute a strategy to optimize digital content and revenue as well as maximize advertising revenue
- Seek opportunities to promote the Teams and the region by leading unique events and campaigns
- Build and lead a high-morale, high-performing team
- Establish effective systems for recruiting, hiring, onboarding and management
- Produce content on par with network quality programming as well as oversee long-term and daily content
- Leverage team relationship to enable best access and cooperation to players, coaches and Team executives
- Develop and execute strategy to optimize marketing, public relations and community involvement
- Other tasks and goals that achieve the primary accomplishments of the role of GM
Ideal Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience managing teams of 30+ people
- Strong relationship building skills as well as ability to negotiate (new and renewal) rights deals that strengthen Team relationships
- Proven track record in performance leadership; with discipline in forecast/budget management; P&L management
- Expertise in content and campaign strategy (including social + website), digital advertising, analytics, 360 campaigns
- Able to balance strategy with strong operational skills - able to understand, deconstruct, streamline and optimize complex, large-scale business processes
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.