- Greeting the showroom customers and assisting them by providing the information needed or referring them to the correct staff member.
- Operating the telephone switchboard by answering incoming calls, transferring callers to appropriate personnel, taking messages and using the paging system.
- Documenting customers who come into the dealership, noting basic demographic information and contact information.
- Performing general administrative duties, such as taking care of plants and straightening magazines, to maintain the lobby or reception area.
- Receptionists/telephone operators are expected to uphold the highest ethical standards.