SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
We are currently looking for a Service Center Associate to join our Miami, FL team! The person is responsible for maintaining all aspects of the service center. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has a strong client service background and enjoys juggling many responsibilities in a fast-paced environment. The Service Center Associate will be based out of our Miami, FL Service center.
The Service Center Associate:
- Receives incoming client samples and arrange for those samples to be delivered to the appropriate labs within specified time frames.
- Acts as a liaison between the laboratory and clients assisting with any questions concerning sample status or bottleware questions.
- Prepares sample kits for use by clients and laboratory per testing requirements.
- Prepares bottle orders per customer requests for pick-up and delivery.
- Provides courier service to clients by coordinating sample pick up and deliveries throughout the Miami metropolitan area.
- Utilizes contacts to identify additional business opportunities.
- Assists with all Federal Express shipping and supply needs.
- Maintains Company vehicle and service center.
- Actively works towards quality objectives.
- Follows all established safety practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in a Science related field is preferred
- Previous experience in a client service-related position required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to understand basic principles of analytical testing
- Ability to add and subtract whole numbers
- Ability to create unequivocal records for analytical data
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to lift up to an average of forty pounds
- Clean driving record and valid driver’s license
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.