FLORIDA DETROIT DIESEL ALLISON is a Stewart & Stevenson company. Our unique line-up of products and services means that you’ll get exposure to a broad range of industries including oil & gas, power generation, construction, transportation, marine, mining and agriculture. With more than 1300 employees in 64 locations in the U.S. and abroad, our small, customer-focused teams share a common commitment to the quality and value of service.
Reporting to the Service Manager, the incumbent is responsible for the general administration and coordination of the service department. Overall, responsibility includes opening and managing service, warranty, inter-company warranty requests, commissioning, sales and paint jobs. Monitor material and labor cost of all non-sales order service, paint and billable jobs done outside of production by any department within S&S; review costs and prepare invoices upon completion of work. Prepare monthly cost analysis for labor and materials (warranty and service). Act as liaison with the finance department.
- Review daily timecards and input into Timetrac; submit to Group Leader or Service Manager for review and approval; forward to payroll highlighting overtime on billable and warranty jobs.
- Assign labor allocation between jobs; monitor dated orders and creating weekly tracking reports.
- Manage billing orders and tracking the cost comparison of margins (job cost vs. invoiced amount).
- Manage back orders and review job costing; submit job costing for approval to close, monitor outstanding orders that require approvals, close service jobs.
- Review and allocate Work in Progress (WIP) monthly.
- Create journal entries to allocate costs to the appropriate accounts for cross border service jobs and Pcard purchases.
- Maintaining open purchase orders for existing jobs; track outstanding purchases not received on jobs, monitoring for cancellations, parts added by production planning, outside labors and OTB purchases done by purchasing.
- Ensure all sale files contain correct documentation such as, purchase orders, shipping documents, quotes, job costing, customer signed change orders and any additional documentation (SOX compliance documents including signed warranty approvals and customer acceptances) for service.
- Maintain complete service history files and creating customer service detail summaries.
- Confirm parts and labor rates, adjustments to approved warranty amounts once job is completed. Ensure all documentation is accurate for auditing (Billable - Warranty).
- Coordinate all facets relating to field service work for domestic and international travel including: vaccinations, review SOS procedures, passport requirements, entry visas, invitation support documents, cash advances and any requested Pcard limit increases.
- Enter materials into Bills of Materials (BOMs) for service jobs; prepare weekly summary of open service orders.
- Reviewing daily field service reports – check and balance labor and parts costs for field service, ensure parts required are ordered and/or sent to technicians in the field.
- Monitor service vehicle usage reviewing service truck sheets, reviewing sign in/out sheets from security for service vehicles leaving the yard.
- Other duties as assigned and/or required relating and supporting the service department.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and five to seven years related experience required. Associates or Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Prior experience with JD Edwards / Oracle preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.