Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Service Desk Analyst I in either of the following locations: Chantilly, Virginia or Eugene, Oregon. The primary purpose of this job is to ensure that PenFed IT customers receive exceptional service and support. This position is responsible for providing first contact incident response, first contact resolution, when possible and incident and request escalation when necessary. Additionally, this position is responsible for following established procedures for performing system access administration to protect PenFed data in systems used by the credit union.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide excellent customer service as the primary point of contact for IT customers who are requesting service and support by processing live chat interactions, calls, tickets, and e-mail correspondence.
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic and intermediate IT problems and requests related to various software applications and hardware systems in a timely manner.
- Facilitate first contact resolution utilizing technical expertise and knowledge base information. Escalate in a timely manner when first contact resolution is not possible.
- Record all information associated with incidents, problems and requests in the Service Desk ticketing system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop and maintain a high level of familiarity with PenFed systems and services in order to accurately document incidents, provide first level support, and escalate appropriately.
- Provide input to and participate in writing Service Desk team documentation.
- Protect PenFed data by adhering to established procedures while administering security access for numerous PenFed systems.
- Continuous skills and knowledge enhancement in a dynamic technical environment is required.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Associate’s Degree in a related field preferred and/or a combination of education and experience, which meet the requisite skill level.
- Minimum of one (1) year of IT customer service and technical support is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Mac OS and iOS operating systems, and Microsoft O365 Suite products
- Knowledge of personal computer hardware and technology, including laptops, desktops, peripherals, mobile devices and network connectivity.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Windows permissions, TCP/IP and LAN switches preferred.
- Understanding of VDI technology is a plus
- Understnding of AI and use of live chat and chatbots a plus
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
HDI CSR, ITIL V3 and CompTIA Fundamentals certifications are preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
Limited travel to various worksites is possible.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.