JD: Service Engineer
Location: Seattle/ Redmond/Bellevue, WA
· 9 + years' experience in operations / development for BI / Datawarehouse environments
· 7+ of SQL Server development experience writing complex stored procedures, triggers, views.
· Must have strong experience with Azure – Azure Data Lake / Azure Data Factory, Dat
· Strong understanding of BI landscape. Ability to work in large, complex development BI projects including the proactive identification of issues and coordination of resolutions.
· Expertise in T-SQL
· Strong Analytical and troubleshooting skills.
· Able to work independently to implement a solution with minimal guidance.
· Ability to communicate with Business and developers accordingly.
· Strong communication skills in both written and spoken English.
· Excellent communication skills and ability to work under continual deadline constraints are necessary.
· Awareness of Azure infrastructure & PaaS Components
· Demonstrated experience in managing production environments, handling major incidents and data quality / publish related issues
· Work on complex BI ecosystems and maintain solutions based on SQL SSIS, Azure Databricks, SQL SSAS in production environments
· Optimize PL / SQL procedures / ETL jobs for processing times
· Troubleshoot and fix data anomalies, ensure data accuracy through validation
· Root Cause Analysis and fixes to avoid recurring issues, manage business continuity / failover plans
· Release deployment in UAT and Production when needed.
· Month End support which may require working on weekends at times
· Collaborate with infrastructure teams to resolve issues, as needed
· Participate in Business Requirements and Functional Requirements meetings, identify gaps in requirements and drive discussion around appropriate solutions.
· Manage errors gracefully. Document code and work completed.
· Conduct appropriate performance testing to ensure all solutions will meet SLAs and performance criteria.
· Provide support as needed throughout Test and User Acceptance Testing phases.
· Provide client communication as appropriate to project.