The Service Management Engineer will provide daily support for the implementation and maintenance for key IT Systems including ServiceNow (ChoiceNow), Discovery tools including (e.g. business rules, screen tailoring, workflow administration, reporting, data imports, service catalog development, LDAP integration, custom scripting, and third-party software integrations)
A well-qualified candidate will take initiative, own issues from start to finish, and practice proactive communication within a collaborative IT and Business environment.
What you will do...
- Key participant in the design, development, implementation and support of the ServiceNow platform.
- Assists with incident resolution, as needed.
- Assists in estimating release level of effort for development activities.
- Takes ownership of complex business requirements and works them to completion.
- Reviews opportunities for process enhancements.
- Identifies and recommends ideas for improvements within the tool, process and metrics.
- Works with clients and vendors to ensure compliance with regulatory mandates.
- Promotes a continuous quality improvement effort to enhance the services provided to all customers by demonstrating positive attitudes and actions through a display of courtesy, congeniality, cooperation, initiatives, sensitivity, and professionalism.
- Ensures tools are designed and implemented based on ITIL Best Practices and other appropriate customer requirements
- Ensures proper maintenance for the tool environments to include:
- version upgrades
- performance issues
- system outages
- communicates and coordinates infrastructure updates with appropriate teams.
- Maintains adequate tool/system documentation.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends, strategies
- Actively participates in planning and implementation meetings.
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent experience required.
- Must have minimum of two years of ServiceNow development experience in large scale environment.
- ITIL V3 Certified preferred.
- Experience in designing and developing ServiceNow applications and services.
- Requires a software development background that will be enhanced by ServiceNow System Administration, ServiceNow Advanced System Administration, Scripting in ServiceNow, and Application Creation in ServiceNow.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, must be able to communicate in a clear and sufficient manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate information to audiences at all levels of the organization, client representatives as well as provide end-user documentation and self-help solutions.
- Must be able to collaborate well with others and actively incorporates their input.
- Working knowledge of design, coding, testing methodologies and debugging procedures
- Previous experience with the installation, configuration and support of tools such as Tivoli Service Request Manager, Tivoli Application Discovery Manager is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with management, engineers, administrators and business partners.
- Able to work under pressure and balance work load to make measurable progress on multiple high priority projects.
- Able to work both independently, as well as collaboratively, in achieving results within established timeframes with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments supporting business as usual, user request as well as special projects.
- Additional preferred skills:
- Relational databases such as Oracle and SQL Server
- Report writing tools such as Actuate and Crystal Reports
- Data migration tools such as SQL Loader/PL/SQL
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.