Service Manager III
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this role, you will be based in Richmond, VA, meeting business targets and aligning with global product strategy for the United States. You will be responsible for the Critical Products Service from the ABB Electrification Smart Power Division.
You will be reporting directly to the Local Product Group Manager and a part of the Senior Management Team. You will be functionally reporting to the Global Service Manager from the Global Product Group.
- Responsible for the health and safety of the local Business Unit/Product Group Service Team. Enforces a Service Safety and integrity culture throughout the Service Organization
- Ensures that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled, and directed. Guides, motivates, and develops direct and indirect subordinates. Improves service availability, provides training, and develops capabilities and competencies
- Drives implementation of Service strategy as a member of local management team. Ensures corresponding plans are implemented consistently in the Service organization through collaboration with other businesses/hub
- Runs the day to day Service business to ensure profitable growth and improvement of Service productivity. Implements agreed delivery and performance standards to ensure consistency in quality and customer satisfaction. While driving, implementing, reporting, and monitoring the Service performance targets as part of a global and/or local unit P&L (financial, productivity, investments, customer satisfaction, operational excellence, etc.)
- Executes the (global) service and delivery sales channel strategy within the local unit
- Implements productized Service offerings and materials for marketing purposes, and invests in Service Sales to increase market penetration. Builds sustainable customer relationships to ensure local client growth, satisfaction, and retention together with Sales Supports Sales resources in customer meetings. Drives consistent development of processes and practices based on customer feedback (Net Promoter Score (NPS))
- Invests in improving the quality of existing Service products and in developing new Service products to expand the portfolio in line with global direction
- Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering, electronics, or related field; or related military or leadership experience.
- 5 to 7 years of practical experience in said service, or alternatively, a special combination of education and experience demonstrated in service operations, training, engineering, testing, or power quality with electrical/electronic/IT products accomplishments.
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach, with strong English written and spoken communication skills, as well as relationship-building skills
- SalesForce.com, SAP, Concur, Kronos, and/or other ERP system experience a plus.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB Smart Power is a global technology leader, with products and solutions that make power supplies smart, connected and protected. Its intelligent products and solutions make power more competitive by improving the energy efficiency, productivity and reliability of almost any operation.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.