FLORIDA DETROIT DIESEL ALLISON is a Stewart & Stevenson company. Our unique line-up of products and services means that you’ll get exposure to a broad range of industries including oil & gas, power generation, construction, transportation, marine, mining and agriculture. With more than 1300 employees in 64 locations in the U.S. and abroad, our small, customer-focused teams share a common commitment to the quality and value of service.
Responsible for overall and daily management of service department operations and staff.
- Oversee the daily operations of the service department.
- Assure adequate manpower and supplies are available to complete work assignments.
- Resolve issues regarding parts or manpower shortages.
- Calculate full maintenance pricing for sales staff, including labor rates and preventative price quotes.
- Develop annual departmental budget.
- Monitor progress towards budgeted goals and implement cost controls or reductions as necessary.
- Monitor gross profit levels.
- Assess departmental performance regarding quality of work and customer satisfaction.
- Analyze warranty issues to identify areas for improvement.
- Follow up on escalated customer service concerns or complaints and ensure satisfactory resolution.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Ensure proper safety training and standards are in place, and that safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Develop marketing plans with sales and marketing departments to develop and increase service department business.
- Contact customers to generate additional business.
- Oversee review of in progress and completed jobs to verify scope of work completed appropriately and safely.
- Establish work standards and evaluate Service Department staff's performance.
- Identify, address, and implement employee development and training opportunities.
- Hire, counsel, and discharge Service Department staff as necessary.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) and/or four to ten years related experience. Associates’ or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
- Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Certificates & Licenses
Prior experience in a shop and/or field service environment required.
Prior experience in a customer service department required. Strong technical product knowledge required.
Ability to utilize laptop computers and portable diagnostic tools required. Prior managerial experience required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.