Ultimate Staffing is looking for a Service Repair Technician to support our client in San Jose. This a great opportunity to join a great organization.
The Service Repair Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, and repairing complex medical equipment. The candidate will be distinguished by their ability to gain technical expertise, apply problem solving abilities and their resourcefulness in diagnosing and repairing equipment. This proficiency will be combined with timeliness, reliable follow through in repairing equipment.
This position also provides opportunities for hands-on failure analysis of returned parts, repair, and testing of assemblies as well as a lab.
- Diagnose and repair electronic assemblies to the board or component level.
- Strong mechanical aptitude for assembly/disassembly of complex medical equipment.
- Perform Ultrasound System testing following the written test procedure.
- Perform system and module performance tests.
- Run scripts or other manual procedures to verify module performance
- Work with internal groups (SW and HW engineering, Manufacturing, Sales and Operations, as well as Marketing) to address customer questions and issues.
- Must understand and always complete Device History Records promptly for all systems procedure.
- Must understand and be able to follow ISO and FDA procedures.
- Identify product defects and follow proper escalation procedures when appropriate
- Create, and maintain documentation, process standards, and service information
- Knowledge/Educational Requirements
- High School diplomas or equivalent required, with AS degree in Electronic Technology or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Skills and Abilities
- 2-4 years of experience service repair operations is a plus.
- Strong methodical/scientific approach to troubleshooting.
- Self-motivated; works effectively with minimal supervision.
- Team-oriented individual with exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- He or she must be able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately with a strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with computers and working knowledge of software tools such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Device Programmers etc. are required.
- Ultrasound experience a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.