Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Smart Power is a global technology leader, with solutions that make power supplies smart, connected and protected. Its intelligent solutions make power more competitive by improving the energy efficiency, productivity and reliability of almost any operation.
Working with customers to ensure our products and systems provide maximum performance, our Service teams solve a wide variety of key industrial challenges. We increase productivity and reliability, lengthen product life span and improve safety. Critically, we also reduce costs, energy consumption and emissions.
This role reports to Service Manager. As a Service Technician lV, you are responsible for servicing, troubleshooting, installing and maintaining UPS systems, batteries and other critical power equipment. This position also provides engineering and technical support to customers on operational and maintenance aspects.
Please note: The locations for this opportunity is Richmond, Virginia; Allentown, Pennsylvania;
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Atlanta, Georgia;
- Perform required semi-annual and annual preventative maintenance service to equipment under contract as scheduled.
- Perform initial starts-ups and provide 24/7 on-call emergency services as required.
- Work with other team members to complete custom and large installation projects.
- Educate customers on basic operation of their equipment, informing them of issues they may experience and the necessary corrective actions.
- Establish, promote and maintain excellent rapport with all customers, coworkers, sales representatives and others.
- Maintain, safeguard company-issued tools and equipment.
- Troubleshoot critical power systems down to the root cause and perform repairs with minimum customer downtime or site operation disruption.
- Protect company proprietary information, manuals, records and coordinate as well as manage all on-site subcontractors as necessary.
- Always maintain personal vehicle in safe as well as operational condition and maintain vehicle insurance and a valid driver’s license.
- Recognize sales opportunities for critical power equipment, other add-on products and link potential customers with the appropriate internal, external sales and technical resources.
- Complete paperwork in a timely and accurate manner including Field Service Reports, RMA’s, time cards and expense reports.
- Maintain technical documentation for study and/or review and provide training as well as guidance to less experienced employees when necessary and attend product specific training as necessary.
- Require associate degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or a highly related field with a minimum of 2 years of experience in servicing, troubleshooting, installing and maintaining critical power equipment, or a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering Technology in a highly related field with a minimum of 2 years of experience servicing, troubleshooting, installing and maintaining critical power equipment.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience reading and deciphering electronic schematics and troubleshooting electronics to the component level would be preferred.
- Factory training or the equivalent in repair and maintenance of multiple leading UPS brands.
- This position requires 80% travel with the majority being within a designated territory and ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to deal with customers where tact may be required to maintain continuing harmonious relationships.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, procedures, travel and obtain security clearance when necessary.
- Computer savvy with specific attention to Microsoft Office and high energy level with ability to take initiative.
- Proven reasoning abilities and sound judgment with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to express commitment to the company, its customers and its employees.
- Process-oriented with demonstrated attention to details, ability to deliver on-time results to support business goals and teamwork-oriented with a collaborative style.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.