In this role you will operate and tend industrial sewing machines to manufacture medical products. This includes joining, reinforcing, and attaching fittings to products. Sewing machine operators handle work on a large scale as they are required to operate and tend to industrial machineries.
Schedule: Monday Through Friday 7:00am-3:30pm
Pay Rate: $14-$16 depending on Experience
- Set-up machines based on work instructions.
- Make adjustments to machines regarding speeds.
- Sewing joining pieces and fittings.
- Select appropriate materials based on work instruction.
- Notify supervisors of any problems or discrepancies during the sewing process
- Ensure that the finished product conforms to the design and merchandizing instructions provided in the work order Perform general and preventative maintenance tasks on sewing machines to ensure their longevity
- Ability to use an industrial sewing machine
- Understand and follow basic verbal and written instructions
- Ability to work in a group setting
- Effectively communicate information and respond to questions
- Perform basic visual quality inspections on products
- Maintain the production pace of other team members
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.